Saturday, June 30, 2007

New Hobbies Developed !!

Due to the ample amount of time available at my disposal, I hereby decide to spend some of it fruitfully in the pursuit of something which might be help rather than just whiling away all of the precious resource(TIME !!). I've started solving crosswords in the newspapers, but the problem is that the hints are so vague, I hardly seem to be able to find the connection. For example take this, the hint says "Send out for a taxi,Peter".. after whacking my brain for about half an hour, I got so frustrated and finally saw the answers on the next day's paper(I was solving yesterday's crosswords !) and the answer was "Expatriate" ! Gosh.. I failed to see any ocular connection between the hint and the answer ! Similarly frustrating was today's crossword !

Then decided to dig up my bro's "Word Power Made Easy" which he won in some competition and neatly wrapped it up in cellophane to protect it, but never got the time to actually go through it. Even though it is the 1994 edition, it hardly matters. Not that the words added in these 10-15 years are going to make any huge difference. Once a good book, always a good book. Lets hope I can stick to my plans and come out with a better and improved vocabulary ! Gone through a few sessions of the book, and I must say I found it very interesting and I would definitely recommend it to anyone genuinely interested in improving their vocabulary.

K.. then.. Gracias for now !

No comments: