Sunday, June 17, 2007

Yuppeee(proj. almost done) !! A believer in "Anekant"

We had a discussion on our project today.. and to our delight.. myself and Ravi have already completed over 70% of it ! But, it seems the project needs a lot of documentation.. wud force the "dormant" members of my group to proceed with that..

Lunch was again a treat by one of my friends.. a belated b'day party.. God why don't I have friends who have b'days in all different months of the year.. ate to my hearts and stomach's content ! The food was delicious.. and as always I respect good food and can't bear any insult to it.. so left nothing and was full to my neck ! And as goes the age old truth .. a good lunch must be followed by a long, undisturbed siesta ! Its all a man can desire.. leaving the carnal ones, and the unputdownable lure for electronic gadgetry and of course the everlasting crush on sport bikes and convertibles.. well.. i guess these needs are very basic in nature.. aren't they?

The network still sucks in my bed.. so i am surfing from my neighbour's.. not a very bothering affair.. Recently in the papers, I read about a concept called "Anekant" i.e the power of the mind to see both sides of the coin. It says that good and bad, life and death are not different affairs but a continuos one.. everything has more than one way to be interpreted, one just needs the maturity of mind to be able to do that. Anything from history to the astrological columns in the newspapers including all the religious texts are meant to be interpreted in many ways. One of Jefferey Archer's short stories had four different endings... and he asked the reader to choose any one of them according to their liking and understanding of the story. The concept of Anekant is undeniably true as it is necessary to restore balance.. if you can see a good side of something, there is bound to be a bad side, which is probably still unexplored.

No comments: