Friday, July 20, 2007

Time's runnin' out !!!

Its always the same feeling I get every time a long vacation comes towards the end - both of satisfaction and regret ! Satisfaction as the boredom is about to end and regret coz nothing really worthwhile has been achieved in this span of leisure either ! My ambitious Linux project - yes, what came out of it - I did manage to work occasionally on that and successfully implement a few things - but as the budding engineer inside me would like to put it - "Nothing can and should never be completed before the deadline is reached" ! Among the other major feats I managed to have achieved within these vacations is thoroughly going through a session of "Word Power Made Easy" in the quest of 'building a superior vocabulary' - quite an achievement I should say.

Been to Chennai for a week to visit my brother and sister-in-law (the hindi terms 'bhaiya' and 'bhabhi' definitely sound more appealing to the ears). Fixed their screwed up desktop - which was brimming with viruses and continued my leisure vacation experience there too - only thing that was different was the sickening hot and humid weather of the city. Its a nightmare and global warming in my opinion is showing its effects all round the globe and not just in countries who are 'supposedly' more responsible for the phenomenon. Its high time India and all other developing countries realize that it is not solely upto the developed world to take up this challenge of taking steps to reduce or control the effects of globally occurring phenomenon. It would definitely be an egregious (thats a new word I've learnt ! It implies a mistake of enormous proportions.. in case if anyone doesn't know) mistake that any country that refuses to take reponsibility would be committing.

Leaving global matters aside and coming back to my personal experiences this summer, I had been courageous enough to have attempted and successfully watched the Himesh Reshammiya(forgive me for any spelling mistakes in the name - HR would be better) flick "Aap Ka Suroor" in Chennai on my bhabhi's birthday. Well, honestly speaking that was not our first choice, but it was the only show we could catch keeping our time constraints in mind. But the courage and the daredevilry of the act nevertheless deserves appreciation ! Surprisingly(and thankfully), the movie luckily was not as 'nasal' as one would expect it to be, but the songs definitely are. An overdose of the 'nasal' twang is certainly not so welcome, but the brilliantly captured German locations certainly are. Overall, a very average product for normal people and a blockbuster for all 'HR' fans.

I guess that pretty much sums up my experiences during the summer, now looking forward to resuming the college life..

Gracias ! Goodbye and take care ...

No comments: