Friday, August 24, 2007

Unperturbed, Undisturbed...


Situations often arise, where you have to wrap yourself, your feelings, emotions and thoughts within yourself. What might seem right to few, may start to seem right to a larger mass after slight persuasion. Pride is one such avenue. It is a weapon used by people to justify their mindless acts. I'm not stating that pride is not important. It undoubtedly is.. again thats what makes it dangerous. History has been witness to ruthless acts of torture in the name of pride, but the actual message that was being spread was that of hatred. The only reason these schools of thought became popular was 'pride' - the pride of the masses was used to motivate them to support inhuman and brutal tasks which bore repercussions on world history till date. Something akin is going on in the environment around me. A foolish and unjustifiable act of violence is being justified by stating issues of pride. Agreed, there might be some reasons which enticed these people to resort to thrashing up someone. Maybe because I wasn't at the site, I couldn't see for myself the damage caused to 'our pride', maybe I would also get annoyed at the action which infuriated some of my friends, but at this crucial juncture of my career, it would be absolutely illogical and mindless to even support, forget being a part of such action. Some times when you realize that being altruistic is no more feasible, then one has no other option but to be egoistical. At this crucial point of life, when your slightest action of ignorance could be a cause of regret for the rest of your life, I'm in no mind to let 'pride' take over 'prudence', to let 'emotion' take over 'logic', to let 'adrenaline' take over 'gray cells'. Somebody might call me a coward, but to me it hardly matters. I'm wrapped up in a protective mental cocoon which makes it next to impossible for these petty things to manipulate my internal feelings, thoughts and their resulting actions. Because all said and done, I am going to be the only person responsible for my actions and their consequences.
I've decided to walk a path, now I'm going to walk it undisturbed, unperturbed...